Russian For Foreigners
The course is aimed at developing basic language skills in Russian with a focus on speaking.
INTENSITY AND SCHEDULE
160 course hours (5 semesters, 8 weeks each). One course hour is 45 minutes. Lessons are held twice a week. Each lesson lasts 90 minutes.
The course is appropriate for students with no knowledge of Russian (Starter).
PROFILE OF THE COURSE
The course combines modules that develop students’ pronunciation, vocabulary and grammar.
Topics under the 'Pronunciation module':
- Types of consonants
- Word stress
- Intonation in a sentence
- Emphatic stress
Topics under the 'Grammar module':
- Cases of nouns, adjectives and pronouns.
- Verb. Types of verbs. Verbs with suffixes –ова-, -ева-, -ся. Verbs of movement with and without prefixes.
- Comparative degrees of adjectives and adverbs.
Topics under the 'Vocabulary module':
- My family
- Cities and countries
- My day and plans for the week
- Weather and climate
- Means of transport. Travelling.
- At a hotel
- In a restaurant / cafe
- Holidays and gifts
- Telephone conversations
- Getting away from it all
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Express yourself in Russian in typical conversational situations.
- Answer and ask questions.
- Speak about your preferences, family, friends, house, weather, etc.
- Write short notes.